Remove Non-Friable AsbestosCPCCDE3014A
Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for ‘Remove Non-Friable Asbestos’ which is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications framework.
This statement is issued by Promed International (RTO 40705)
- CPCCDE3014A - Remove Non-Friable Asbestos
Our nationally recognised course is designed for anyone who may be required to manage or remove non-friable asbestos within Australia. Only highly experienced instructors will teach both theory and practical modules to ensure participants have the skills, knowledge and confidence to safely manage or remove asbestos from the worksite.
When asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or even suspected of being present in the workplace, only qualified personnel are permitted to safely manage or remove it. Any worker removing more than 10m² of non-friable (also known as 'bonded') asbestos must be appropriately trained, as outlined in the Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011 and the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos. Therefore, It is a legal requirement, for workers who need to remove more than 10m2 of non-friable asbestos, to complete this course.
Please note - all previously issued QLD class B licenses expired on 31 December 2014, regardless of the expiry date shown on the card, therefore it is imperative to undertake this course to stay current.
NOTE - Promed International will not use any material containing asbestos during this training course.
This course allows sufficient time for the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos worksite.
Tradespeople, contractors and other business operators:
Commercial operators can remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos only under the authority of a Class B (non-friable) or Class A (friable) asbestos removal licence issued by the State Authority. As an employed worker, you need to do this course, but do not need a Class A or B licence yourself if you are working under the authority of a licenced operator (e.g. the company or supervisor).
◦ Queensland - Fact sheet. It is a requirement to complete this course before applying for a Class B licence. For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please see Asbestos Licenses.
◦ New South Wales - Doing this course is required before applying for a Class B licence. You will also need to nominate a supervisor who has 12 months industry experience in non-friable asbestos removal. If you possess 12 months experience, you may nominate yourself as the supervisor once you have completed our Supervise Asbestos Removal course. For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please visit WorkCover NSW.
◦ Victoria - For more information and details of how to apply for a licence, please visit Victorian WorkCover Authority.
Homeowners and owner builders in Queensland only:
After completing this course, you are certified to remove more than 10m² of non-friable asbestos. You do not need any additional licence.
- Legislation and Australian standards
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Prepare for asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- For group courses or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
All course material
All necessary equipment for you to undertake training
Please Note - Participants must already hold the following unit of competency:
CPCCOHS1001A - Work safely in the construction industry
- Appropriate clothing and enclosed footwear
- Lunch and refreshments