Operate Breathing Apparatus Open CircuitPUAFIR207B
Successful participants will receive a statement of attainment for ‘Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit’ which is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications framework.
This statement is issued by Promed International (RTO 40705)
PUAFIR207B - Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
Our one day course covers the skills and competency required to select, don, operate and maintain breathing apparatus equipment in an irrespirable atmosphere. Training is conducted by highly qualified and experienced emergency services instructors and successful participants will leave the course feeling confident in the use of breathing apparatus during fire or in hazardous environments.
- Conduct pre-donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Don and check breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Return breathing apparatus to operational status
- Conclude operations
- For group courses or corporate bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote
- Participants wanting to undertake this course should already hold a current certification of PUAFIR15 - Preventing Injury
- Protective footwear and appropriate clothing for practical training
- Lunch and Refreshments
PLEASE NOTE: This training course is physically demanding - It is important that all participants are willing and capable of wearing 15KG of breathing apparatus equipment and are aware they could be using this equipment in conditions of reduced visibility.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants should attend this course CLEAN SHAVEN - This ensures compliance with AS 1715. Furthermore, The unit of competency ‘Operation of breathing apparatus’ requires participants to don and use the equipment according to the manufacturers specifications and workplace procedures. Breathing apparatus work at an optimum when there is an adequate facial seal to prevent leakages, facial hair will compromise the seal of any respirator.